Vacancy announcement: Senior Non-Key Expert (SNKE) to advise on local needs and prepare
Technical Specifications for EU supply contract
Austrian consultancy Hulla & Co Human Dynamics KG is currently seeking to recruit Senior Non-Key Expert (SNKE) to advise on local needs and prepare Technical Specifications for EU supply contract
Scope of work – Package Development JNKE
The project is supporting the improvement of the quality of teaching and learning in schools through the enhancement of teachers’ skills. The Work plan indicates that the project will achieve its regional outreach objective through working with the regional branches of the Republication Institute of In-service Teacher Training. With each of these centres, the project is required, as part of the TOR, to supply and provide, via a service agreement with a local Internet Service provider, connection to the Internet.
Teachers’ competency in the use of ICT for teaching and learning is central to the development of an education system that prepares young people and lifelong learners for living and working in globalized digital learning environment.
As the quality of hardware and network infrastructure in these regional branches is, at present, somewhat underdeveloped, the supply contract aims to provide, at least, an ICT suite for the delivery of professional development programmes, in each of the 5 centres (TTIs) in, Dushanbe, Khujand, Bokhtar ( formerly Qurganteppa), Kulob and Khorog.
An initial review of the availability and the quality of the equipment in each of the institutes was completed in June 2017. Now, at this planning stage for the supply contract, it is anticipated that each of these ICT suites in the TTIs will, indicatively, have a WiFi capability throughout the building and, additionally, there should be one room at each institute wherein a networked ICT suite will be located. The ICT suite, will, indicatively, have a fileserver, colour printer, black and white printer and at least 24 workstations – these should be laptop machines, to allow for their use at locations remote from the TTI, but with monitors, keyboards, trackpads and docking stations, whilst being operated at the TTI to enable suitably ergonomically approved working conditions.
The SNKE will prepare the below outputs through this assignment:
- A technical evaluation of the status of the equipment at each of the TTIs, including an evaluation of any additional local needs for technical equipment to support the curriculum in addition to the basic ICT equipment outlined above
- Detailed technical specifications for all of the equipment to be procured
A justification for the acquisition of this equipment based on the needs analysis
The SNKE on local needs and prepare Technical Specifications for EU supply contract is required to have:
Qualifications and skills:
- A Master’s degree in Information technologies or similar. In the absence of a Master’s degree, minimum 12 years of relevant experience
- Fluent in English and Tajik or Russian
- An understanding of EU procurement regulations in line with PRAG guidance
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in working with/for the IT projects, preferably in the public sector and preferably in Central Asia
- Experience in development of information management systems (at least two projects, preferably in the public sector).
DURATION OF MISSION, TIMING AND REPORTING
Assignment duration: up to 10 working days
The assignment will be performed in Dushanbe, Tajikistan, plus possible missions to be prior agreed to other regions in Tajikistan where the TTIs are located.
The deadline for submission of CVs and other required information is May 28, 2018.
The CVs in English together with cover letter to be sent to email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview, which will be held in English, Russian and Tajik.
ORIGINALS of passport, educational certificates, reference letters et cetera should be presented at the interview.