The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. It directs and coordinates the international relief activities conducted by the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement in situations of conflict. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Mission in Dushanbe is looking for an:
based in Dushanbe, full time
The Logistics Assistant supports the delegation’s logistics team by following up and handling requests.
Provides support in accordance with logistics standards, ICRC rules, financial procedures and regulations. This may include some or all of the following activities:
- meetings with internal customers for collaborative demand planning (CDP)
- order management
- maintenance, follow-up and statistical reporting using the Field Supply System (FSS) application
- follow-up on inventory levels
- transport of goods and coordinating trips into the field
- import-export formalities
- filing and archiving of documents.
Certifications / Education required
- Vocational high school diploma.
- Very good command (spoken and written) of English and the local working languages.
- Computer literacy.
- Driving license.
Professional Experience required
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar field.
- Detailed knowledge of the local area.
Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letters as well as any recommendation letters to the ICRC Mission in Dushanbe, 1st pass N. Muhammad str. 6a, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Vacancy – Logistics Assistant”. Deadline – 11 May 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.