Duty station: Dushanbe, Head Office
Reports to: CEO – The First MicroFinanceBank Tajikistan
Department: Research and Product Development
The Head of Research, Product Development and Marketing (RPDM) is responsible for leading and implementing the Product Strategy, Monitoring, Evaluation and Research framework and Marketing Strategy for the First MicroFinanceBank. The position is also responsible for resource mobilization (particularly subsidized investments and grants) and managing donor-funded projects for the Bank. The RPDM would also contribute to other functions of the Bank as directed by the CEO.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
• Higher Education in Finance, Economics, Development Economics, Development Studies or any related field etc.
• At least 4-5 years of experience in a professional setting specifically in conventional banking, microfinance or development finance.
• At least 1-2 years of working experience within AKDN would be desirable.
• Excellent knowledge of English is a MUST.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
In cooperation/consultation with management:
1. Develop and implement a product and research strategy for the institution (products, positioning, pricing, delivery channel/s) in collaboration with credit and deposit operations, and manage corresponding support activities (staffing, training, IT issues, setting targets, reporting tools).
2. Recommend and implement the design of new products or adjustments to existing products and services.
3. Ensure proper implementation of changes, new products, value added services with IT and credit/ deposit operations.
4. Develop and implement processes, systems and manuals for product development and research.
5. Develop a system to track and monitor, analyse and report on product-wise uptake of all products and services.
6. Develop quantifiable indicators that can measure progress in relation to clients’ improvements in quality of life and social performance.
7. Undertake relevant studies, as requested by management, on the analysis of the market, clientele needs, the adequacy of existing products, market demand, industry’s best practices and benchmarks, and alignment with the vision.
8. Find new opportunities for expanding the institution’s products including innovative solutions to tackle operational challenges (improving client satisfaction and retention, eliminating operational bottlenecks etc).
9. Design and Implement marketing strategy of the Bank by conducting various marketing activities in collaboration with various advertising agencies.
10. Work with the institution’s management to pursue additional funding for product development, delivery, value added services and research.
11. Prepare reports, studies and presentations as per the management needs;
Please apply in confidence by sending your CV, two reference letters attached to a cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Only the candidates matching the above mentioned requirements will be contacted for the interview.
The vacancy is open until filled.
The First MicroFinanceBank, Tajikistan is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, or religion.