Chemonics International, an international development consulting company based in Washington, D.C., seeks an
Administrative Assistant for the three-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Feed the Future Tajikistan Land Market Development Activity. The Activity aims to promote market based principles for land tenure and work to establish a functioning agriculture land market that allows the transferability of land use rights (buying, selling, leasing), and a simple and transparent land registration process, while ensuring gender equality in rights and processes.
The Administrative Assistant will support in managing general administrative activities and will provide support in daily activities and needs of the project team. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Maintain office systems, including schedules, calendars, and filing;
- Schedule and confirm appointments with external parties;
- Answer phone calls to provide information, screen calls, and direct correspondence;
- Greet office visitors and direct them to correct destination;
- Provide information to callers and office visitors in a tactful and polite manner;
- Liaise with transportation support to log mileage and keep accurate records;
- Manage petty cash accounts and reconciliations;
- Assist in the procurement of items and services for project, including record of procurements.
- Handle incoming mail, incoming and outgoing letters and packages;
- Support visits by short-term experts and Home Office staff, including airfare booking, hotel reservation, scheduling airport pickup, and visa preparation;
- Keep record of staff attendance lists, leave schedule, and sick leave use, and assist with other human resource issues as requested;
- Draft documents and keep records of office and project procurements and goods;
- Prepare project inventory reports;
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Higher education in management or any other related field;
- Minimum three years ofexperience in administrative assistant position is preferred;
- Prior experience with USAID or other international donor projects is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in Russian, Tajik and English in speaking, reading, and writing;
- Computer skills (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Internet, Email).
Send electronic applications including your CV to FTFTajikRecruit@gmail.com through May 4, 2018. Please submit a CV and cover letter with the position title in the subject line. Early applications are encouraged. Only finalists will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please. Learn more about Chemonics International at www.chemonics.com.