Title: Administrative Assistant
Job ID: 16035
Practice Area – Job Family: Management – ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
Vacancy End Date: 11.05.2018 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Education & Work Experience: C-HS Graduate or Equivalent – 5 year(s) experience, G-Bachelor’s Level Degree – 5 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English, Russian, Tajik
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: External
Bureau: Europe & the CIS
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility of extension
The Administrative Assistant position is located in UNFPA Tajikistan country office. Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Administrative/Finance Associate, and as a member of the operations team, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative, financial, and ICT support to the office, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, information flow and follow up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative, financial, and ICT support to UNFPA Tajikistan Country Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle travel arrangements for office personnel, including arrangement of visa, accommodation and transportation.
- Performs duties of the Leave Monitor for office staff and ensure timely corrective action in Atlas, if required.
- Assists the Administrative/Finance Associate on procurement, administrative tasks related to the premises, daily office operations, and any required logistical support for newcomers.
- Handles office pouch, mailing system and customs clearances for shipments.
- Acts as Buyer and alternative General User in ATLAS to process Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Liaises with relevant MOFA departments and other state entities to obtain relevant clearances, accreditation, permissions and etc in relation to CO premises and staff.
- Coordinates vehicle schedule. Arranges regular vehicle maintenance and insurance. Checks vehicle daily log and gas consumption.
- Acts as custodian for office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Assists the Administrative/Finance Associate in maintaining assets in Atlas, issuance of assets to staff, regular clean-up of Asset Dashboard.
- Translates and drafts letters, memos and other documents as well as provide oral translation as needed.
- Manages and maintains office’s library, including maintenance of the UNFPA filing system (hard and electronic, soft), and cloud document management system;
- Manages installation and relocation of hardware/software and coordination of equipment servicing;
- LAN Administration, maintenance of computer network, including daily backup and measures for disaster recovery, solving hardware and software problems and other ICT issues;
- Administer, monitor and maintain all telecommunications and IT equipment to provide a stable and responsive telecommunications environment;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the office software and hardware;
- Assist the CO in preparation of technical specifications, inspection and installation of IT equipment both for office use and beneficiaries;
- Maintenance of commercial and in-house developed software: Operating Systems, Office Package, Mail Clients, Office ERP Solutions, Google Drive, iDocs, Google Calendar, etc.
- Undertakes other tasks as may be assigned by his/her supervisor
· Exemplifying integrity
· Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
· Embracing cultural diversity
· Embracing change
· Achieving results
· Being accountable
· Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen
· Thinking analytically and strategically
· Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
· Communicating for impact
Functional Skill Set:
· Providing logistical support
· Managing data
· Managing documents, correspondence and reports
· Managing information and work flow
· Planning, organizing and multitasking
Required Skills and Experience:
Completed secondary level education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
· 5 years of relevant experience in IT, administration or programme support service.
· Previous experience in the UN or other international organization is an asset;
· Knowledge of protocol;
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
· Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.
· Knowledge of Atlas/PeopleSoft or other ERP system is an asset;
· Good writing and communication skills.
Languages: Fluency in English, Tajik and Russian is required